Preparation and cooking time
- Prep:10 mins
- Cook:15 mins
- Serves 4
Make a vegan version of a classic potato salad using vegan mayonnaise. It’s the perfect accompaniment to a barbecue, picnic or salads in the summer
- 600g baby new potatoes , halve any larger ones
- 2 tsp white wine vinegar
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 120g vegan mayonnaise
- 1½ tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 shallot , or ½ a red onion, finely chopped
- 2 tsp capers , chopped if large
- small handful of parsley , chopped
- small handful of chives , chopped
- STEP 1
Put the potatoes in a pan, season with salt and cover with cold water. Bring up to a boil and simmer for 15-20 mins, until they’re tender. Drain and leave to steam-dry in a colander for 5 mins. If the skins are papery and peeling away, you can rub them off, if you like.
- STEP 2
Tip the potatoes into a bowl and add the vinegar, olive oil and some seasoning, toss well, then leave to cool.
- STEP 3
Stir in the mayo, mustard, shallot, capers and herbs (saving a little to garnish). Check the seasoning and add a little more salt or vinegar, if you like. Scatter over the remaining herbs and serve.