Preparation and cooking time
- Prep:5 mins
- Cook:10 mins
- Serves 3 young children
This chicken satay is served on lolly sticks which makes it great for toddlers and ensures dinner time is fun as well
- 1 large chicken breast, cut into 9 chunks
- 1 tsp rapeseed oil
- 1 small garlic clove , crushed
- 1 ½ tbsp smooth cashew nut butter
- 1 tsp reduced salt soy sauce
- ½ tsp honey
- 50ml coconut milk mixed with 2 tbsp water
- basmati rice and steamed Tenderstem broccoli, to serve
- STEP 1
Heat the oven to 180C/160 C fan/gas 4. Feed the chicken chunks onto 3 lolly sticks. Arrange on a tray and cook in the oven for 8-10 mins or until cooked through.
- STEP 2
Meanwhile, heat the oil in a small saucepan. Add the garlic and cook for one minute. Stir in the nut butter, soy sauce, honey and coconut milk. Warm through.
- STEP 3
Serve the chicken lolly sticks with a spoonful of dip, Tenderstem broccoli and rice.