Preparation and cooking time
- Prep:15 mins
- Cook:10 mins
- Serves 4
These prawn and salmon burgers are not only fabulously tasty, they’re healthy too, being rich in omega-3. Make them for the family in just 25 minutes
- 180g pack peeled raw prawns , roughly chopped
- 4 skinless salmon fillets, chopped into small chunks
- 3 spring onions , roughly chopped
- 1 lemon , zested and juiced
- small pack coriander
- 60g mayonnaise or Greek yogurt
- 4 tsp chilli sauce (we used sriracha)
- 2 Little Gem lettuces , shredded
- 1 cucumber , peeled into ribbons
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 seeded burger buns , toasted, to serve
- STEP 1
Briefly blitz half the prawns, half the salmon, the spring onions, lemon zest and half the coriander in a food processor until it forms a coarse paste. Tip into a bowl, stir in the rest of the prawns and salmon, season well and shape into four burgers. Chill for 10 mins.
- STEP 2
Mix the mayo and chilli sauce together in a small bowl, season and add some lemon juice to taste. Mix the lettuce with the cucumber, dress with a little of the remaining lemon juice and 1 tsp olive oil, then set aside.
- STEP 3
Heat the remaining oil in a large frying pan and fry the burgers for 3-4 mins each side or until they have a nice crust and the fish is cooked through. Serve with the salad on the side or in toasted burger buns, if you like, with a good dollop of the spicy mayo.