Preparation and cooking time
- Prep:5 mins
- Cook:10 mins
- Serves 2
Enjoy udon noodles with kimchi, radish and spring onion for a speedy midweek meal that delivers three of your 5-a-day. Top with a fried egg and chilli flakes
- 200g straight-to-wok udon noodles
- 1½ tbsp sesame oil
- 1 onion, halved and finely sliced
- thumb-sized piece of ginger, grated
- 200g long-stemmed broccoli, stalks sliced
- 75g kimchi, finely chopped
- 100g radishes, finely sliced
- 4 spring onions, sliced
- ½ tbsp low-salt soy sauce
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp black sesame seeds
- 1 tsp chilli flakes (optional)
- STEP 1
Put the noodles in a sieve over the sink and pour over a kettle of boiling water. Toss to separate, then leave to drain.
- STEP 2
Heat 1 tbsp of the sesame oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Add the onion and ginger, and fry for 5 mins until softened slightly. Add the broccoli, kimchi and radish, and continue to fry for 5 mins. Stir in the drained noodles, spring onions and soy sauce.
- STEP 3
Meanwhile, put the remaining ½ tbsp oil in a small frying pan and fry the eggs for 3 mins, or until cooked to your liking. Serve the noodles in bowls with an egg on top, and sprinkle with the sesame seeds and some chilli flakes, if you like.