Preparation and cooking time
- Prep:10 mins
- Cook:20 mins
- Serves 4
A healthy spaghetti dish full of broad beans, leeks and asparagus tips. Make the most of spring greens with this vibrant, filling pasta recipe
- 75g young broad beans (use frozen if you can’t get fresh)
- 2 x 100g pack asparagus tips
- 170g peas (use frozen if you can’t get fresh)
- 350g spaghetti or tagliatelle
- 175g pack baby leeks , trimmed and sliced
- 1 tbsp olive oil , plus extra to serve
- 1 tbsp butter
- 200ml tub fromage frais or creme fraiche
- handful fresh chopped herbs (we used mint, parsley and chives)
- parmesan (or vegetarian alternative), shaved, to serve
- STEP 1
Bring a pan of salted water to the boil and put a steamer (or colander) over the water. Steam the beans, asparagus and peas until just tender, then set aside. Boil the pasta following pack instructions.
- STEP 2
Meanwhile, fry the leeks gently in the oil and butter for 5 mins or until soft. Add the fromage frais to the leeks and very gently warm through, stirring constantly to ensure it doesn’t split. Add the herbs and steamed vegetables with a splash of pasta water to loosen.
- STEP 3
Drain the pasta and stir into the sauce. Adjust the seasoning, then serve scattered with the cheese and drizzled with a little extra olive oil.