Preparation and cooking time
- Prep:10 mins
- Cook:25 mins
- Serves 2
Why not make this healthy rice salad the night before to save time when you’re in a rush? We’ve added walnuts to the salsa as they’re rich in essential omega-3 fats
- 85g brown basmati rice
- 140g fine green beans
- ½ small cucumber , finely diced
- ½ bunch spring onions (about 5), sliced
- ⅓ pack mint , chopped, plus extra leaves to serve
- juice ½ lemon
For the salsa
- 1 cooked beetroot , diced
- 1 small apple , cored and diced
- 1 small red onion , finely chopped
- 25g walnut halves , roughly broken
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- STEP 1
Boil the rice for 20 mins, then add the green beans and cook 5 mins more until both are just tender. Drain and leave to cool slightly before stirring in the cucumber, spring onions, mint and lemon juice.
- STEP 2
Meanwhile, stir all the salsa ingredients together.
- STEP 3
Spoon the rice onto plates and serve with the salsa, scattered with a few extra mint leaves.