Preparation and cooking time
- Prep:10 mins
- Cook:10 mins
- Serves 4
Soft, creamy goat’s cheese or a deliciously strong blue cheese both work well in this easy veggie supper that’s on the table in just 20 minutes
- 2 x 400g packs fresh gnocchi
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- knob of butter
- 1 large onion, roughly chopped
- 500g small Forestière or Portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 2 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 150g pack creamy blue cheese (we used Danish blue)
- small pack parsley, chopped
- STEP 1
Bring a large pan of water to the boil and cook the gnocchi following pack instructions. When they float to the top of the pan, they are ready. Drain and set aside.
- STEP 2
Meanwhile, heat the oil and butter in a large lidded frying pan. Add the onion and mushrooms, cook for 1 min over a high heat, then turn down the heat to medium, put the lid on and cook for 5 mins, stirring a few times.
- STEP 3
Remove the lid and add the garlic, cook for 1-2 mins, then stir the gnocchi into the pan. Scatter over blobs of cheese and the parsley.