Preparation and cooking time
- Prep:10 mins
- Cook:45 mins
- Serves 4
Beetroot adds a vibrant purple hue to this roast chicken dish with supergrains, vegetables and lemon
- 4 chicken thighs , skin left on
- 2 red onions , cut into wedges (keep the roots intact)
- 3 carrots , cut into batons
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lemon , sliced
- 2 tbsp clear honey
- 250g quinoa
- 140g vacuum-packed beetroot (not in vinegar), finely chopped
- 5 tbsp Greek-style yogurt
- 1 garlic clove , crushed
- small handful dill , chopped, plus a few fronds to garnish
- STEP 1
Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Place the chicken thighs, onions and carrots in a roasting tin. Season, drizzle with the oil and nestle lemon slices around. Bake for 30 mins. Stir everything, drizzle with the honey and bake for another 15 mins until the chicken is cooked through and tender.
- STEP 2
Meanwhile, cook the quinoa following pack instructions, then rinse with cold water and drain thoroughly.
- STEP 3
Mix the beetroot, yogurt, garlic, dill and some seasoning in a bowl. In a separate bowl, mix the quinoa, the roasted veg and 2 tbsp of the cooking juices. Pop the chicken thighs and lemon slices on top, then scatter with dill fronds. Serve with a dollop of the beetroot yogurt on the side.