Preparation and cooking time
- Prep:5 mins
- Cook:20 mins
- Serves 1, plus 1 lunchbox for leftovers
Make this easy orzo and cauliflower dish in just 25 minutes. It serves one for a main meal, plus there’s leftovers to enjoy for lunch the next day
- ½ cauliflower , broken into florets, stalk chopped into cubes
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 100g orzo
- 2 tsp capers , drained and rinsed
- 1 small garlic clove , sliced
- ½ lemon , zested and juiced
- 100ml low-salt vegetable stock (check it’s vegan, if required)
- handful of rocket leaves , to serve
- STEP 1
Heat the grill to high. Toss the cauliflower with half the oil and some seasoning. Tip onto a baking tray and grill for 15-20 mins until golden, charred, and tender all the way through.
- STEP 2
Meanwhile, cook the orzo in a pan of boiling salted water for 8 mins, or until al dente. Drain.
- STEP 3
Heat the remaining oil in a frying pan and sizzle the capers and garlic until golden. Stir in the orzo, cauliflower, lemon zest and juice and the stock. Bubble for 1 min, then spoon half into a bowl and top with the rocket. Leave the leftovers to cool for the lunchbox, see tip below.