Preparation and cooking time
- Prep:5 mins
- Cook:30 mins
- Serves 4 – 6
Add texture and flavour to this nutritious side or packed lunch with soya beans, crunchy cucumber and chopped fresh herbs
- 300g quinoa
- 250g soya beans
- 12 fat asparagus spears, woody ends snapped off and tips and stalks separated
- 300g Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp sweet paprika , plus a pinch to serve
- 2 garlic cloves , crushed
- zest and juice 2 lemons
- ½ large cucumber , halved lengthways, seeds scooped out with a teaspoon, sliced
- 4 spring onions (we used the ones with the fat bottoms), thinly sliced
- large pack mint , leaves picked
- 2 small packs dill , roughly chopped
- large pack parsley , roughly chopped
- 2 avocados , stoned, peeled and cut into chunks
- juice 3 limes
- 1 tbsp agave syrup
- 2 tbsp rapeseed oil
- STEP 1
Cook the quinoa following pack instructions, then leave to cool. Bring a pan of water to the boil, add the soya beans and cook for 2 mins, then add the asparagus tips and cook for 1 min more. Drain everything and leave to cool.
- STEP 2
Meanwhile, mix the yogurt with the paprika, garlic and most of the lemon zest. Season and chill.
- STEP 3
Using a vegetable peeler, slice the asparagus stalks into thin ribbons (you won’t be able to do the whole stalk as it will get too thin, but these pieces are perfect for soup.) Keep in iced water until ready so they curl.
- STEP 4
On a large platter, combine the quinoa, cooked soya beans and asparagus tips, cucumber, spring onions, herbs and avocado. Drain the asparagus ribbons and add them too. Whisk together the lime and lemon juices, agave syrup, rapeseed oil and some seasoning, then pour over the salad and gently toss to mix. Serve with the yogurt alongside, topped with the remaining lemon zest.